Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Standard Burfee | Karol Bagh | Restaurant Review


Think of the angel and devil is here, is something that happened with me at Standard Burfee, Karol Bagh. I love this place for the authentic Indian Sweets, purity, hygiene and tasty food preparations in Desi ghee. Another high point is, it is one of the no onion- garlic shops. So, an ideal place to hang out with Jain friends or at the time of navratras, when most of us those who are not fasting at least try to avoid onion and garlic.


I have been visiting this place quite often for delicacies and snacks. Prices are normal, it is neither a fine-dine nor a cheap eat. They have a nice comfortable sitting, where can also see most of the preparations live, like bhature, jalebi and tikki. It is a value for money place. A good place to have Indian snacks like Chole Bhature, Tikki Chaat, Ram laddoo and and and…

Ok, so where are the angel and the Devil? I always have vote for the chole bhature at this place; one reason is it is desi ghee preparation and minimal usage of soda in chole which palate cannot easily detect. In my recent visit, when I being optimistic felt otherwise. Chole, bit uncooked this time and had a hard texture. Though place is very hygienic but somehow a hair strand made a way in my aloo tikki. I know this is not the place where I expect this, as I have been eating since long and never seen any compromise on hygiene. It also felt bad.


However, I had to inform the management. I called for the person cooking in the open kitchen and shown him the mess, by pointing at the plate. He was apologetic that was clear from his body language and expressions, as this being a place of repute from ages it is a matter of shame. He immediately called for a cleaner, asked him to dump the serving in garbage outside the shop. Then he asked another waiter to serve us a fresh, said sorry to us and left. This was not more than a 30-second long story and only exchange of word that happened was “Sorry”. He never tried to justify, took a quick decision without any hesitation and resolved the issue. Mistakes happen and how you handle them is important. Some time you are completely put off from eating and this was one such incident.

An incident, which would have made me not to look at this shop anymore, instead earned appreciation. I felt bad, but that was for an instant. I made my purchase of sweets as usual, tried some more food. Moreover, it was not too bad experience in total… ðŸ˜Š 

Good hospitality is necessary for food to taste tastier.

Happy eating… ðŸ˜Š 

No comments:

Comments system