Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Walking Handicraft emporium


India a synonym for diversity. Anywhere you go, display of such a diverse practices, culture, flavors and colours are going to take your breath away. The kumbh 2015 as always along with many other practices and rituals was display of diverse babas. Every time I get a chance to visit such cultural events like kumbh, experiences have been out of the world. The verbal expression from such gatherings is always the same.."Accha" or "aisa kya?" or "accha aisa bhi hota hai". For example, this baba. I don't know the name, but he is an handicraft exhibition on the move. I didn't get a chance to have any interaction with him and I feel I missed something. As much a glimpse I got of him wins him adjective of enthu cutlet. His hand gestures, body language and the display of handicrafts on his hat were amazing. I wanted to interact to know about this amazing hat. The hat carried a miniature statues of Vishnu parwati, paper quelling work, gota or lace decoration, embroidery, decoration with religious stones, hand bell and magnificent peacock feather border. He was busy delivering some gyan to a street food vendor, I was catching up with something and just got a chance to heard some words "Krishna" , "bhakti" and "dharm" and take a quick shot. My search will be on for him in next kumbh in Ujjain. . #travel #kumbh #kumbh2015 #kumbhmela #nasik #religion #culture #india #_soi #maharashtra #yin_india #indiaclicks #delhi_igers #krishna #peacock #feather #decoration #dharm #handicraft

A photo posted by Nipun Bajaj (@bajajnipun) on

No comments:

Comments system