Monday, May 8, 2017

Hahn's Kitchen | Review



It was my second interaction with something Korean after my childhood. I had a hobby of stamp collection then, we used to exchange stamps among our friends and many Korean stamps were exchanged for a single big stamp. These exchange ratios were only attributed to their small size and rest other factors of valuations were never considered, actually we were ignorant of any other factors then.


This food interaction was an experience, and I would love to have it often. Though it was my first face to face with Korean food, so can’t say it was authentic, however I feel it was.


I have some strong logical reasons to believe that way, after a little research on Korean culture. Like, the Koreans use steel chopsticks, and prior to this, I have only seen those wooden ones. They are quite people and do not like to talk during meals, the place has a separate setup very much in Korean theme apart from the usual fine dine sitting.



What I liked most about the place is ambiance. Lighting is soothing and calm; there is a peace in the place. They score more than full if there is an option, for hygiene and cleanliness.


Now, moving to the food part. Who loves to experiment and explore, will love it. Those have a taste bud for Korean food will like it (feedback from more experienced). I liked some and some not. In Korean cuisine they use fermented sauces and pastes and in some of them this fermented flavor is very pronounced and some may not like it. For example, Kimchi Jeon has a strong flavor and few may turn around from it. I personally liked Kkanpunggi very much and would love it with a mug of beer. Also, they served egg rolls, not able to recall the exact name what they call in Korean, I simply loved them.



They serving size is huge, and order carefully as you may end up wasting food which is not a good practice in any culture and not even Korean. The prices are very apt and I was expecting to be more on high side.

Location: One Horizon Center, Gurugram, Haryana

So and discover your favourite Korean food…Happy Eating… J


No comments:

Comments system