Sunday, September 10, 2017

The China kitchen turns 10



Food knows no boundaries, and no matter how much tension exists at the Indo China Border, chowmein will continue to be part of order at every outlet, which serves it. The love for Chinese food among the Indians needs no introduction and neither do The China Kitchen at Hyatt Regency, Delhi. The Place recently completed 10 years and extends to give 50 percent discount on the bill on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday until 30 September.

   (Steamed green vegetable dumplings)

   (Steamed Broccoli crystal dumpling)

   (Pan fried Glutinous lamb dumpling)

It needs no preface, but still I felt like sharing my experience. As it was my first visit to the place, so very excited to share my experience. I almost liked everything at the place, right from the entrance to the place we dined. The place has a dim lighting, and it does not give a feeling that I am strolling in dark. Instead, it is a very soothing. The dining hall is well lit, and yet lighting is not loud. I am so much focused about light is, because it helped my camera to focus and capture good images. If you do not like the snaps is purely my lack of skill and everything else was perfect.

   (Sichuan chicken salad)

 Chinese food is far from masalas, or spices and condiments as compared to Indian. So, expecting that will be foolishness. However, they are not bland. The food is authentic or not, is difficult to say as I have never been to china and tasted it there.  However, I liked it and that is more important than anything is.  One interesting thing about the place is that it has five master chefs and each one has his own expertise. Like, one chef is a duck chef and does only duck. He slices duck with so much perfection and style that it is a pleasure to watch him doing so.

   (Wok fried spicy pork belly celery chili, soy)


I liked everything at the place, and what I loved is Lamb dumplings and Prawn tail dumplings. Woks toss eggplant changed my view towards baingan. The first thing that came to my mind after having a bite is “Kya baigan bhi itna tasty ban sakta hai?”.  Another wonderful creation was Pork belly. China Kitchen dessert tray is awesome and the Cigar is better than the actual one.


Happy Eating... :)

No comments:

Comments system