Friday, August 14, 2015

Sita Ram Diwan Chand | Khana Talks



This poori delhi mein world famous sitaram diwan chand chole bahture wala is simply good. I being a hardcore desi ghee fan for Punjabi food, is turned off at food items cooked in non desi ghee. I have a very strong notion of, how can one even think of making chole in something other than desi ghee. But all appreciation for this brilliant eatery, I simply love it. 

Just few miles from my place, it also serves a purpose of quick bite for me. This eatery is located in paharganj, chuna mandi. Also a walking distance from R.K. Ashram metro station. This is the place I trust for non desi ghee cooked delicious authentic Chole Bhature. 

Another good thing is that chole don't have a strong taste of soda, which is commonly used in chole which the vendors(halwai) suppress with strong flavoured spices. Edible soda is used to soak chole a night before so the next morning they are soft and get a good texture. You must be aware of this technique if you cook, else check out with your nani or dadi or any halwai. Sitaram's chole are mildly flavoured and very few traces of soda. 

Hygiene is another score point, which is a must for any eatery. I will score them down on sitting, no option for that. No seats, stand and eat. I would prefer eating more, if they have option to sit and eat. I am tired standing after eating only one serving. At least they are losing two orders every time I visit them as I want to order more, but irritated at standing. Also I don't let the one accompanying me to order, as again I have to wait for him till that person finishes off. 

Score up for pricing, aptly priced. They charge extra money if you want more chole apart from which they have given in a serving. But I think they are not strict at it as I was able to get some free chole...smile emoticon

The person, who sits at cash counter is not very welcoming, looking at his face expression it seems as if he is not selling tasty food, but serving a life sentence. Dude, please smile up you are doing a real good job of serving people with such a legacy Delhi food. 

So in sum total with all the plus and minus result is plus..so a good place to eat out.

No comments:

Comments system